Vintage WoW Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Private server, Vintage WoW's official forum

3 posters

Xanthous's Game Master Application

Xanthous
    Xanthous

Xanthous's Game Master Application Empty Xanthous's Game Master Application

Post  Xanthous Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Color Code:
    Red = Comments by me
    Yellow = Questions
    Cyan = Answers

1. Have you read the application guidelines post, and have at least 25 posts, have not made a GM application within the last month and have more than 120 playing hours on the realm this application is being made for?

Well no, I haven't played for 120 hours or posted 25 topics. Just felt like getting this out of the way first so I don't have to re-apply after I get my hours and post done Razz. Also...there is no GM guidelines post?

2. What is your real name?

Larry

3. How old are you?

4. Tell us a little bit about yourself in 25 words or less.

Story of my life eh? Well not very interesting but here we go.

I live in Michigan.I was a student with very high grades and an aptitude towards football.I have been with private servers for 4 years now.

Aww 27 words T_T ah well I guess.

5. What three words best describe yourself?

Knowledgeable, Dedicated, and Easy going. Thought the last one is a bit of a flaw on my end.

6. Which time zone are you in? ( Ex., EST / PST )

EST.

7. What are your normal playing times?

It really depends I can't play much during the week. Some weeks I cannot get on but on the weekends anywhere from 10:00am to 12-3:00 am.

8. How many hours a day do you play?

Weekdays 0 - 2 a day (most likely 0). (although I will be active on the forums during these

Friday + Saturday + Sunday: Almost 10 hours each day.

9. What's are your character names and playing time for each character?

Sadly I haven't logged onto the realm just yet.(once again just getting this out of the way.)

Main will be: Xanthous

10. When did you start playing World of Warcraft?

The middle of 2005.

11. When did you begin to play on Vintage-WoW?

Will be joining right after this application is posted.

12. Which realm would you like to be a GM on?

The blizzlike would be cool. I don't really like fun-servers all that much and if you are on an ArcEmu core, I can script raids and instances that are not working. (I haven't learned Mangos lua scripting yet.).

13. What interests you most about the GM position?

Mostly being able to exercise my knowledge of the game and how it works to be able to help people. Although the power is also fun to play with sometimes, it is not acceptable when it is not my own server Razz.

14. What is the most important part of being a GM?

A Controversial question with many answers. The most important part of being a GM, as stated by me, is the advancement of the server through the helping of anyone who is in need of it, Developers, other Game Masters, Admins and players alike should be helped by Game Masters.

15. Have you ever been a GM on any other Private servers?

I have owned three servers in my past.

UniqueWoW
    World of Genocide
    World of UniqueCraft

all fell from complete and utter hard drive failure.

I have been GM on multiple small servers that are dead most with a 10-50 player base.

15a. If so where and how long?

All of my servers were up for 5+ months.

And maybe 2 years of hoping from small servers.

16. Explain why you think you would be a great addition GM in 25 words of less.

Why so little words is one question I must ask? Prevents me from planning a well thought out answer.

I could help your server prosper, as I am quite knowledgeable of all cores of the Emulated world. Not only am I friendly with players but I am harsh and strict where I need to be.

(Sigh 36...couldn't find a way to shorten it.)

17. Why should we recruit you to our GM team?

Well obviously I am confident in my abilities. Though this may come off as cocky I can and will back it up if given the chance. I also like the experience of hanging out and getting to know the staff on a server. The more friendly the staff is with each other the better experience for the players.

18. What positive additions could you make to the Vintage WoW Community if you became a GM?

Well since I know SQL, and most of the Magos core structure I could provide updates for your database as needed. (if allowed). I could also get you a running 3.3.2 ArcEmu core, as this tends to be more versatile with the addition of LuaHypArc. I also am an amazing builder when I try on big projects such as zone building. On smaller projects I tend to just get it done fast but it usually still looks pretty good.

19. Do you have a good knowledge of GM commands?

Mangos - Kinda
    ArcEmu - every single last one
    Aspire - Most

20. Are you willing to use Ventrilo to communicate with players and GM's?

Yes I am.

21. Imagine you are GM, and a player asks you to teach him his/her class missing skills, do you teach it? or do you ask her/him to make a ticket?

I first ask the player to make the ticket. I think .invis (ArcEmu, don't know Mangos equivalent command) answer the ticket. Ask a few questions(did you go to your trainer, put talent points in that spell etc...) appear to him/her with invis on. Check his or her talents and if it is missing give him or her the spell. If it is not I will give that player a warning not to try and scam GM's and the next attempt will result in a ban.

22. Briefly outline the contributions you already make to the Vintage WoW Community.

Nothing At the Moment as I said just getting it out of the way Razz

23. If you were going submit a suggestion for us what would it be?

You need a real Web site. This forum is kinda unappealing to the eye in my opinion.

I can show you how to get a real web site running if you want.

24. How many times have you voted for us?

Not once yet. Will do it after this application is filled out.

I tried to be honest on my part about the questions referring to playing on the server (which I have not done yet) and anything asking about my experience.

Thank you for taking the time to read this long and boring application.

- Xanthous
    Rave
    Rave

Xanthous's Game Master Application Empty Re: Xanthous's Game Master Application

Post  Rave Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:51 am

We are using a custom ManGo's Core... So Arc-Emu scripting won't help us.

But i'm sure Remus can use more help on the Blizzlike Realm.

So i'm going to just do this...

This application is PENDING and i'm going to leave this up to Remus and Mike.
    Xanthous
    Xanthous

Post  Xanthous Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:11 pm

I know ManGOS and Ascent/Aspire SQL as well as ARc SQL. Plus DB stricture Razz. Oh and I am learning ManGOS scripting if that counts and how to get LuaHypArc running on ManGOS is a major project of mine Smile.
    MJsusan

Post  MJsusan Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:27 pm

what is ManGOS and Ascent/Aspire SQL as well as ARc SQL? I have not heard of it

Cheap rift Platinum
    Buy rift Platinum
    RIFT Platinum

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 6:57 am